A round, two piece (base and lid), red painted, tin container. On the top of the lid, upon the red background is a grey horizontal band. Overlapping the centre of the band is the 1956 Melbourne Olympic Games emblem, comprising of a flaming torch planted in the location of Melbourne on a map of Australia, with the Olympic rings emblem above. The 1956 Olympic emblem is contained within an oval border, featuring the text: 'XVITH OLYMPIAD/MELBOURNE 1956'. Flanking the 1956 Olympic emblem, within the grey band, are two City of Melbourne coats-of arms. Manufacturer's details are on the underside of the base.
0 - Whole: H: 66 W: 222 D: 222mm (H: 2 5/8 W: 8 3/4 D: 8 3/4")
Organising Committee for the Games of the XVIth Olympiad, Melbourne 1956
The Weston Biscuit Co (Aust) P/L
Kindly donated to the Australian Gallery of Sport and Olympic Museum by Dubbo Museum & Historical Society.