A group of twenty-two red bricks manufactured around 1956, commemorating the 1956 Melbourne Olympic Games. Stamped design on each brick features the Olympic Rings emblem, with text below, reads, "GLEN 1956 IRIS". Design is only on one face of each brick. The Glen Iris Brick Company, contrary to its name, was situated in Thornbury, in Melbourne's north.
0 - Whole: H: 22.5 W: 11 D: 8mm (H: 7/8 W: 7/16 D: 5/16")
Glen Iris Brick Company; 1912
Organising Committee for the Games of the XVIth Olympiad, Melbourne 1956
Lewis Luxton; 12 Sep 1910; 09 Nov 1985
Kindly donated to the Australian Gallery of Sport and Olympic Museum by Mrs Lewis Luxton