A white ceramic plate manufactured for the 1960 Olympic Games in Rome and owned by Harry Morris. In the centre is an image of Romulus and Remus suckling the wolf, the Olympic Games torch and rings and black printed text that reads "ROMA XVII OLYMPIADE". It has a blue inner border and a gold rim. On the reverse is a metal hook for hanging. The plate has a small gold coloured metal stand that is housed with it.
0 - Whole: H: 190 W: 190 D: 18mm (H: 7 1/2 W: 7 1/2 D: 11/16")
0 - Whole: H: 85 W: 90 D: 75mm (H: 3 3/8 W: 3 9/16 D: 2 15/16")
Harry Morris; 1896; 05 Jan 1974
Donated through the Australian Government’s Cultural Gifts Program by Beverly Savige & Margaret Armitstead.