Sepia-coloured photograph of the Melbourne Cricket Ground. The image appears to have been transferred to a metal plate which in turn has been mounted onto a backing board with a piece of glass attached. The glass covers the entire image. The photograph also works as an artpiece because of the mixed media that is used. Image appears to be digital and may have been altered in colour during the production stage. Image shows the re-development of the northern side of the ground after the Ponsford (Western) Stand had been demolished. The 1927 MCC Members Pavilion can be seen to the left and the Great Southern Stand can be viewed in the distance. The image was photographed by Scott Universita on Saturday 30 August 2003 during an AFL match between the Sydney Swans and the Melbourne Demons. The sepia effect was created digitally after the transparencies were scanned.
0 - Whole: H: 465 W: 450 D: 10mm (H: 18 5/16 W: 17 11/16 D: 3/8")
Melbourne Cricket Club; 1838
Kindly donated to the Melbourne Cricket Club Museum by Scott Universita