A circular bronze medallion, designed by Kauko Rasanen in 1951. Issued in 1952 by the Helsinki Olympic Games Organising Committee to all athletes and officials at the 1952 Helsinki Olympics. Obverse features both bas-relief and hollow-relief sculpture, of two stylized athletes' heads superimposed over the Helsinki Olympic Stadium. Inscription, in Finnish/English, and Swedish: 'HELSINKI 1952/HELSINGFORS'. The reverse features the bas-relief image of a male and female athletes holding out a flaming torch, with the Olympic Rings to the left. Inscription above: 'XV OLYMPIA'.
0 - Whole: H: 55 W: 55 D: 6mm (H: 2 3/16 W: 2 3/16 D: 1/4")
Organising Committee for the Games of the XVth Olympiad, Helsinki, 1952