Metal figurine, painting in life colours, depicting a batsman wearing whites and red-and-yellow cap and sash/belt. He is standing over the crease in a batting stance, leaning forward. The figurine sits on a wooden base with small plaque on the front reading "150th Anniversary / Dr. W G GRACE / 1848 / 1998". A piece of paper stuck to the bottom reads, in part, "Presented to / The MUSEUM / MELBOURNE CRICKET GROUND / Copy No: 48 of 150 / January 1st 1999".
0 - Whole: H: 154 W: 130 D: 97mm (H: 6 1/16 W: 5 1/8 D: 3 13/16")
W.G. Grace; 18 Jul 1848; 23 Oct 1915
Kindly donated to the Melbourne Cricket Club Museum by Mr Mel Brown, Stamp Publicity (Worthing) Ltd