Trophy consisting of a gold-coloured plastic baseball mitt holding a real baseball, on a black painted wood pillar and base. Two plastic tags are attached to the front of the pillar, the top a blue, red and white logo of the MELBOURNE BASEBALL CLUB, and the bottom tag engraved: PRESENTED TO / BRUCE CHURCH / PRESIDENT MELBOURNE CRICKET CLUB / BALL USED IN CEREMONIAL / FIRST PITCH - OPENING DAY / M.C.C. BASEBALL GROUND / 26TH SEPTEMBER 1999. The baseball is white with red stitching, featuring the brand name AUSPORT at front, and the number AB60 at top. Manufacturer's sticker on bottom.
0 - Whole: H: 250 W: 105 D: 100mm (H: 9 13/16 W: 4 1/8 D: 3 15/16")
MCC Baseball Section; 1890
Kindly donated to the Melbourne Cricket Club Museum by R Bruce Church