Small oval-shaped ceramic white glazed box, with lid (M9514.2), featuring two handles and gold gilt rim. Painted on one side is a green crest with two yellow bats, a set of wickets and the inscription HAMBLEDON / HANTS in the centre. The text in a light blue scroll below reads THE CRADLE OF CRICKET; below this under the scroll "Rd No 525025 copyright'. On the opposite side from the inscription is a moulded triangular "hinge".
0 - Whole: H: 70 W: 50 D: 80mm (H: 2 3/4 W: 1 15/16 D: 3 1/8")
Hambledon Cricket Club; 1750; 1787
Donated through the Australian Government’s Cultural Gifts Program by Anthony Baer