Large polished wood shield with silver metal plaque in the form of a flowing banner attached to the top, engraving reading AUTUMN MIXED DOUBLES CHAMP. Featured at centre is a raised, moulded centrepiece constructed of a silver metal plate on wood, featuring the M.C.C. emblem engraved at centre surrounded by decorative scrolling and flowers, above which is engraved LAWN TENNIS and beneath, PRESENTED BY / MEMBERS OF THE M.C.C.L.T. COMMITTEE 1912-13. / TO BE WON THREE TIMES. Five small silver half-balls affixed to the shield surround the base of the centrepiece (sixth one missing), each detailing the names of the winning doubles players on either side of the year they won, as follows: MISS D. SCHLESINGER / 1921 / P. O'HARA WOOD; MISS M. WAXMAN / 1915 / A. O'HARA WOOD; MISS P.A. STEWART / 1913 / A. CAMPBELL; MISS L. GYTON / 1914 / R. LYCETT; MISS D. SCHLESINGER / 1920 / P. O'HARA WOOD. Both the banner and the centrepiece are embossed with the words GAUNT / STERLING.
0 - Whole: H: 370 W: 296 D: 30mm (H: 14 9/16 W: 11 5/8 D: 1 3/16")