Cup, silver, engraved on the front with the words 'CHAMPION FOOTBALL CUP, PRESENTED BY THE ATHLETIC SPORTS COMMITTEE, MELBOURNE, 1865.' Engraved on the reverse of the object are the words 'COELUM NON SOLUM'. Stamped on the edge of the design on the Proper left side are the initials 'DH/CH'. There are also four maker's marks on the Proper left side: lion passant (certifies silver quality), lion head (London Town Mark), F (year 1861), and Sovereign head (Duty Mark).
0 - Whole: H: 200 W: 103 D: 103mm (H: 7 7/8 W: 4 1/16 D: 4 1/16")
Kindly donated by Dr Richard Harvey, great-great nephew of John Steavenson, President of South Yarra Football Club, winners of the Cup 3 years running.