Engraved perpetual motorcycle race trophy from 1916 - 1921 titled: "THE AUSTRALIAN MOTORCYCLE CUP" Large silver-plate cup with lid mounted on a dark, wooden, round plinth. Features miniature motorcycle atop the lid and two elaborate handles curving out from the sides of the cup. Inscriptions all around includes the cup title, race winners, motorcycle names and dates.
0 - Whole: H: 475 W: 360 D: 215mm (H: 18 11/16 W: 14 3/16 D: 8 7/16")
Australian Motorcycle Club
1916-23 Jul 1924
Kindly donated to the Australian Gallery of Sport and Olympic Museum by Prof Neil Carson AO and Mrs Bonnie Carson (nee Wright)